'Tis in my memory lock'd, And you yourself shall keep the key of it. Ophelia "Hamlet" William Shakespeare



Skin and Lipstic: Tir na n'Og Tina EXCLUSIVE skin Fresh Style 
Eyes: Insufferable Dastard. Shine/Gray
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Cameo
Dress and Nails: Stellar Color Striped set in Berry My Attic
Shoes: BandLora Heelles Sky Mesh Shoes Black Pack - Rose
Pose: Kirin Poses My Winter Lantern 1

House: Apple Fall Old Mayfair Skybox RARE The Arcade
Painting: Sir John Everett Millais, Ophelia, 1851-52, 76.2x111.8 cm, Oil on Canvas, Tate Britain, London

Ophelia is my favourite painting. I came across with it during my Art History studies. I was already a fan of the Pre-Rhaphaelites and when I saw it for the first time my heart skipped a bit. Every flower, every plant have a meaning, the loyalty Millais showed to Hamlet and to the beautiful model Elizabeth Siddal. I wrote about three papers about this painting and I can go on more and more. The moment I saw it with my own to eyes at Tare Britain was a moment I'll never forget. I can't wait to be able to pay a visit to it again.

Comments